When it comes to good car care, regular maintenance is key. With good preventative maintenance, you can get more life out of your car and avoid costly repairs. The type of maintenance you choose can range from regularly scheduled oil changes to tune-ups, brake inspections, and more. Come visit us at Oxford Auto & Tire for all your vehicle maintenance needs. When you develop a good schedule, you can be sure that your vehicle is getting the care it needs to run smoothly and keep you safe.
Examples of Maintenance
In order to get the most from your car, you’ll need to have a few items of routine maintenance performed at regular intervals. These intervals can vary, and they largely depend on your manufacturer’s owner’s manual as well as your own personal driving habits. For example, if you drive long distances and quite frequently, you’ll likely need to have oil changes much sooner than the average driver. We can develop a good schedule to keep your car on track. Here are some examples of preventative maintenance that you should be getting as scheduled:
- Oil changes: every vehicle needs a clean oil filter and clean motor oil to run smoothly. Oil lubricates your engine and keeps it cool. Always get oil changes as recommended and try not to delay them whenever possible.
- Brake inspections: make sure your brakes are in good working order with regular inspections. You can have this done at the same time you have your oil change.
- Tire checks: be aware of your tires’ current air pressure and the condition of the tread. This is something you can easily check yourself and it should be done every few months at a minimum.
- Tune-ups: a good tune-up will keep your engine running smoothly. Schedule a tune-up with our facility and we’ll make sure your engine is healthy and happy.
- Battery tests: a dead battery is one of the main reasons drivers break down. Have your battery power checked and keep a close eye on the battery contacts. Simple cleaning and recharging can keep your battery operating longer.
- General inspections: ask us about our point-by-point inspection, where we’ll check your car for any potential problems. It’s the best way to be sure that your vehicle is operating safely and efficiently.
For all your maintenance needs, repair services and more, come visit the experts at Oxford Auto & Tire in Oxford, PA or call us at 610-467-0076 to schedule your appointment today!